Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Beginning

As Patanjali wrote in his Sutras: "Now, yoga..."  Now.  The eternal moment.  The beginning, but also the end.  The state of just being.  That is how I came up with the name: "Be Yoga."  

Every pose we practice in yoga, every breath we take is that state of just being Now.  For me, right now is the beginning of my journey as a yoga teacher in my own space.  It is also the end of my time before that moment.  And the place in between.  Perhaps that is what yoga is trying to help us learn: to be aware of the unity of beginning, middle, and end.  In fact, the word "yoga" means "to yoke" or join together--to create union.  Being in the now shows us that beginning, middle, and end are truly all one and the same.  Yoga is ever present, ever being.  So, now.  Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment